UNSOLVED Installation issues due to npm node.js version compatibility
I started using ioBroker yesterday and it took me till today to get it started. I guess it's good to share the experience to improve the scripts/workflow/documentation. I was going through the following while until setting up ioBorder successfully (roughly reproduced):
- setting up a VM with Debian Buster including updating the system.
- First I was following the instructions using this guide: https://www.iobroker.net/docu/index-15.htm?page_id=8323&lang=de
I googled for the current node.js version and installed version 10.x intuitively. Axecuting the following command indicated my main issue already
node -v nodejs -v npm -v
the command npm couln'd be found! I simply ignored this issueand installted ioBroker. I couldn't load the ioBroker configuration page.
- uninstalled all packages by using:
update-rc.d iobroker.sh remove sudo apt-get remove nodejs sudo apt-get remove npm
- Subsequently, I used the following instructions to install your software: https://www.iobroker.net/#de/download
- some warnings appeared during installation including that npm is not compatible with the installed nodejs version. I couldn't load the ioBroker configuration page again.
- I tried to fix this issue by using this troubleshooting instruchtions https://www.iobroker.net/docu/index-26.htm?page_id=3928&lang=de and installing the recent version of npm:
curl https://www.npmjs.com/install.sh | sudo sh
from here: https://github.com/nodejs/help/issues/1877
however no success again
- since I lost the overview of installed software I reseted the VM to the point after updating the operating system.
- Again I tried to use the instructions from here: https://www.iobroker.net/#de/download without success.
- After reseting again I used the following sequence of commands:
curl -sL https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_10.x | sudo -E bash - sudo apt-get install -y nodejs curl https://www.npmjs.com/install.sh | sudo sh curl -sL https://iobroker.net/install.sh | bash -
With success!!! Now I'm happy to be able to load the web interface of ioBroker.
I'm curious to learn how it works
Systemdata Hardwaresystem: Virtual Box Arbeitsspeicher: 1GB Festplattenart: 8 GB Betriebssystem: Debian Buster with Raspberry Pi Desktop Node-Version: 10.15.2 Nodejs-Version: 10.15.2 NPM-Version: 6.13.7 Installationsart: Skript Image genutzt: Nein
First I was following the instructions using this guide: https://www.iobroker.net/docu/index-15.htm?page_id=8323&lang=de
This ist outdated!
This is the actual version:
floow the link to the docu in the header of the forum