SSL/TLS errors in Google Home adapter
Yesterday my Google Home adapter suddenly stopped connecting to my Google homes, which it did properly the day before. I get this error:
chromecast.0 2021-02-21 09:13:42.704 warn (7899) Woonkamer - Client error: Error: Client network socket disconnected before secure TLS connection was established chromecast.0 2021-02-21 09:13:34.679 warn at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:84:21) chromecast.0 2021-02-21 09:13:34.679 warn at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:1241:12) chromecast.0 2021-02-21 09:13:34.679 warn at TLSSocket.emit (events.js:326:22) chromecast.0 2021-02-21 09:13:34.679 warn at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:420:28) chromecast.0 2021-02-21 09:13:34.679 warn at TLSSocket.onConnectEnd (_tls_wrap.js:1549:19) chromecast.0 2021-02-21 09:13:34.679 warn at connResetException (internal/errors.js:609:14)
This is to my Google Nest Hub, but the same thing happens to my LG WK-7 Chromecast audio. I cannot seem to find anything that I have configured wrong, can anybody provide a hint? Maybe @vegetto ?
Thanks in advance,
P.S. Deutsche antworte kann ich sehr gut lesen, schreiben kann ich schlecht.
@martin-van-dijken die you tried power off and on of the Google device? In fact the device disconnects.
@apollon77 , yes I did do a power cycle on my Google devices. There is some kind of connection error indeed, strange that it only started occurring last week, where it did work properly before.
Anyone else have this error?
@martin-van-dijken Could it be that Google changed the TLS certificate handling or such on the devices?
@apollon77, could be, I would expect a lot more errors in the community if that were the case. Strange!
BTW, 1 speaker is an LG branded Chromecast, but I also have a bunch of Google Mini's and a Nest Hub. None of them seem to be working well
Could it somehow be related to the fact that I am running iobroker in a Docker container?
@apollon77, SSL connections are somewhat more complicated, but it still sounds like it should just work. The reproduction steps for me are very simple, created an issue at the Google home project:
@martin-van-dijken I would help but do not really have such a device. Sorry.
Martin van Dijken last edited by Martin van Dijken
Could you advise on a method to test this in isolation? I'd really like to be able to run the code locally in a "unit test"-like setup and be able to debug the code...
@martin-van-dijken Maybe then it is a good idea to comie into the Discord. There is a develoment group with developers that can help you to setup your IDE /dev system so that you can really debug the adapter. Would that be an option?
Would be cool if you can look deeper into it.
Short: in fact you can stop the adapter in admin, change to command line and start "iobroker debug chromecast.0" ... then you can attach a debugger to it ... or start that from your ide. And we also have other options.
@apollon77 awesome advice, I will definitely do that when I run into trouble and/or have something I want to start developing. For now, I have resolved the issue by buying a raspberry PI 4 and installing iobroker into it directly, so not in Docker. That seems to have solved quite a few network issues. I am now realising that mDNS also didn't work properly, I had to manually configure my chromecast in the plugin, now they all appear magically.
What I am seeing is that I apparently had the wrong port. I am now connecting to port 8009, not port 8008 as is the default I found elsewhere. I assume 8008 is probably without encryption and 8009 with encryption. How it can have worked in the first place I am completely puzzled by.
For now, thanks for the assist!
@martin-van-dijken yes Docker and udp based stuff is always a hassle ( in my experience) ... great that it solved your topic.